Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I'm on the magazine



I was really surprised that my name mentioned on the BTDM magazine (Feb 2008 issue). I was told by a 'friend' from friendster, SURPRISE again.

Actually he wasn't on my friend list before this, how could he possiblly know me?? Am i that famous??

Okay, cut it! Well to be frankly, it was my second time handling the Steyr AUG rifle, the first time was a bad experience, got 20+ over 70 bullets, yuack! Fail in shooting.

To my surprise the second time i handle Steyr, its much easier to manuever and i even take off my glasses, the optical scope work perfectly even with shortsights. Forgot bout my point but manage to overcame all of my comrades and got the 'medal'.



Well, hope to try on the Steyr again. :)


3 comments:

2Lt Peh Hoo Guan said...

yup Steyr AUG's better than M16 in term of accuracy...no need to zero at all...M16 hv to b zero....Steyr's very stable and compact..u can hold it on the pistol grip straight n point it to the front with just 1 hand..cz the bolt mag is intergrated into the butt..vry ergonomic whn u hv to manouvre especially during field training
M16's different, the bolt n mag in front n the butt is empty, so, it's heavier in front so, nt really stable...hv to hold it with both hands always

the version of our Steyr is local made, so we have a local quality of Steyr..stopage might happen whn u shoot only 2 mags full of round continously (base on my experience).n then some of the part easier to fall off especially whn u hv manoeuvre...anyway, M16's more rugged n stopages less likely to happen unless u malas to cuci senjata... :D

Becky said...

Thank for the info Sir. U also a Wataniah??

2Lt Peh Hoo Guan said...

I'm just a fresh officer, :) I was in ROTU b4 during my study, have just being commissioned as LtM this year.So far haven't report to any unit yet. Might sign up for any unit that's near to my working place.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...